Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Low profile PCI brackets

Author: fullcirclepodcast
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Low profile PCI brackets
Chris,
you're better off putting on your DIY trousers.

Most mounting brackets are screwed or bolted to the card; take it off,
measure, fold (bench vice or two strong pairs of grips), cut of the excess
length with a junior hacksaw (leaving enough for the top foldover where
the retaining screw clamps to the case), two cuts with the hacksaw and
pinch out the tab to make a slot for the retaining screw; file off rough
edges, clean of any filings, remount bracket onto card.

Job's a good 'un.

--
Rgds
RC