[Hampshire] Email web applications

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Email web applications
Hi,

I have an email server that receives/sends email via POP3/SMTP.
It then drops it in a database and lets clients connect using a think
imap client like thunderbird.
I wish to convert this into something like gmail.
I.e. email can be received and sent. It i viewed with a thin client
such as a web browser. No protocols like imap are then needed.

I quite like the labels approach of gmail, instead of folders, because
quite often I wish to place two labels on a single email, and that
cannot be done in folders.

Is there any open source software out there that does this?

Kind Regards

James

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???