Re: [Hampshire] Domain type authentication using Linux as "d…

Author: Bryn Jones
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Domain type authentication using Linux as "domain" server
On 07/04/12 13:29, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Apr 2012 13:19:22 +0100, hantslug@??? said:
>
>> Thoughts?, suggestions?, general derision?, want to look at my cute dog?.
> Thoughts: ensure that what you would like to do meets with what the client
> wants. Don't impose a more technical solution upon them unless it meets a
> need they have, and they will be able to support it (or pay someone to).
>
> Suggestions: if you go ahead, this is reasonably straightforward to do for
> those versions of Windows that support logging in via a domain (there are
> always, it seems, some derivatives of each version of Windows that don't
> support this). Again, if not all versions of Windows that the client has
> will support domain logins, do they really want it at all? One way to find
> out is to ask if they will pay to upgrade those more restrictive versions
> of Windows.
>
> General derision: your first paragraph would be improved with some
> punctuation. You might know what you're trying to say, but it's your
> readers who need to understand it. The product is "Windows", not
> "windoze". God, if you must refer to him, is a proper noun and is thus
> afforded a capital letter.
>
> I hope the thoughts and suggestions are useful.

Thanks, I figured it was totally doable just wanted to throw it out for
discussion/recommendation. Any recommendations?. I'd be the support/a
bit of training for them it's fine. I'm not putting in something they
don't need want - Just showing them that the £10000 quote they were
given (and can't afford) is laughable!.

Also would M$ Windoze be more acceptable? (hey I used to work on Windows
solely and would have happily told people to just buy SBS and get on
with it. I learned too much working in M$ dev houses to ever recommend
it as a 1st option).

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???