Re: [Hampshire] Trackballs

Author: Michael Pavling
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Trackballs
On 10 May 2012 14:40, Paul Tansom <paul@???> wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience of good or otherwise trackballs? I'm
> considering getting one due to some pain in my right elbow but the choice seems
> more limited that it used to be. I have some old PS/2 ones, but they don't work
> over USB and were quite basic anyway. Microsoft don't seem to do them anymore,
> unless I'm looking at the wrong suppliers.
>
> In particular, does anyone have any comments on the thumb controlled versus
> finger controlled ones? I have had a perference for finger controlled, but the
> thumb ones seem more common and give the added bonus of scroll wheels and
> better positioned buttons.

I've been using these these for years - and have at each of my regular
desks (3 at the moment) and another in my laptop bag)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Trackman-Wheel-Trackball-optical/dp/B00005NIMJ/

I much prefer the thumb to middle-finger control as I found the finger
control fired-off some RSI in the back of my hand.

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???