Re: [Hampshire] Screencasting

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Screencasting

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57f6d100.hantslug.org.uk.6264': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Nov 18 13:42:00 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
Alan Pope wrote:
<snip>
> I finally managed to set aside some time to create some of these (it's not a quick process) and uploaded them to Google video
> and archive.org. I've made the videos available in multiple formats (MPEG2/MP2, OGG/Theora/Vorbis, MP4 and audio only OGG and
> MP3) to make them as accessible as possible. You'll note that I have made the videos available under a creative commons
> licence and have uploaded them to a publicly accessible archive which makes them easy to redistribute. They're far from
> perfect, and as this is only the beginning I am hoping to learn as I go, refining the process and the content.
>
> The reason I am making these is to make it easier for people to see what Linux looks like, how it works and how it's not as
> hard as they might think, before they actually commit to installing it. It's also for those people who have committed but need
> some help in the early days. It's not really aimed at power users or experts. I don't for example expect many people on this
> list to learn much from the real beginner ones.

I've looked at a few, and they are very few presented. Not too formal,
not too informal.

> Can anyone who has exposure to newbies please help me by telling me what they get asked most often? What things do you think
> newbies want to see demoed? What would you like to see shown? Any other suggestions are welcome.

Something on the GIMP? It's hard to get started with, and would work
well on a video, I think.

Tony