Re: [Hampshire] [Hardware] Laptop Suitability

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Hardware] Laptop Suitability
On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 18:05:37 +0000
john lewis <johnlewis@???> wrote:

> New batteries are quite cheap, £50ish I think. I have replaced the
> bios battery and added memory to my TP600E and the hard disk is
> easily get-at-able too. No special tools needed.

I forgot to mention that IBM are quite good about providing user &
technical manuals on-line and from my limited experience spare
parts are easy to get, from replacement screens and keyboard to the
aforesaid bios battery or new rubber nipples for the trackpoint
thingy.

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application