Re: [Hampshire] Re: Wireless confusion!

Author: John Hunt
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Re: Wireless confusion!
I think they're all encrypted. My laptop connects fine to the AP (and
I've just tried turning off my MAC address filtering on the AP with no
joy..doh)

I've read that it may be something to do with the driver not
supporting SMP.. it vaguely says on the rt2x00 site that I ought to
turn off SMP..or use the latest module from cvs source. I've compiled
and installed the cvs module, but it's still loading the old one. Do
you know how I can remove the old module totally from the kernel?
Don't seem to be able to do it with module-assistant.

Cheers,
John.