Re: [Hampshire] [OT] [hardware] Dead machine?

Author: John Cooper
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] [hardware] Dead machine?

Hugo Mills wrote:

Sounds like a faulty PSU to me.

It's not faulty -- I've just replaced the motherboard with the
earlier one I had in the machine, and it works fine. It's possible
it's under-powered, I suppose, but it's been great with the older
board plus a DVD drive, and fails with the newer board without the
drive.

Hugo.

Yes, I made this mistake when upgrading one of my systems. I had to buy
a more powerful PSU (something about the 5V needing more current or
similar).

John

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk