Re: [Hampshire] Microsoft makes claim on Linux code

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Microsoft makes claim on Linux code
On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 19:08:22 -0500 (-0500), Andy Random wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Peter Brooks wrote:
>
> > Has the lug ever set official policies before? I.E could we vote and say
> > that the lug as a whole is boycotting Novell?
>
> I don't see how, and personally I wouldn't want to try.

I agree with Andy - it's not our place to set a policy for members to
follow. Members can, however, try to influence other members - that's
fair game[1]

Personally, I think that patents are incredibly abused these days -
they are _supposed_ to benefit mankind, not to benefit companies by
blocking innovation and competition. If you feel similarly, the place
to go is:

http://www.ffii.org/

[1] At least as long as it's a discussion and not an argument - or
even contradiction as in a certain sketch ;-)

Adrian
--
Adrian Bridgett - adrian@???
GPG key available on public key servers