Re: [Hampshire] Re: DVB playback *too* smooth

Author: John Hunt
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Re: DVB playback *too* smooth
> This is entirely plausible. Try using xine to play back, and use
> the "n" and "m" keys to shift the AV synch. If you can get it to synch
> to your satisfaction, and it stays in synch, then you will need to run
> it through a simple editing process to fix the synch (or use the AV
> shift each time you watch that recording).
>
>    If the sync shifts in steps, accompanied by audible or visible
> corruption, then you've got the worst situation -- corrupt data
> streams -- and there's no easy way of fixing it.

>    If the sync drifts continuously throughout the recording, then
> there's a problem with the frame-rate. I wouldn't really expect this
> one to happen.

Cheers Hugo, I'll give that a go this evening if I can keep my
girlfriend away from the TV long enough!

I recorded about 10 minutes of bbc one this morning, the synch doesn't
drift, it's just ever so slightly behind (hard to notice what's
wrong). Good to know it's fixable anyway! Also good to know I didn't
just throw £200 away on new hardware!

Thanks again,
John.