Re: [Hampshire] [OT: (a bit) Digital Camera woes

Author: sean gibbins
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT: (a bit) Digital Camera woes
Vic wrote:
>> Just thinking outloud but is there not away to use a 20 or 40gb mp3 player
>> especially one with a small screen to allow viewing??
>
> Not easily...
>
> There are two basic types of USB interfaces - "host" ports and "device"
> ports. You can only connect a device to a host, not to another host.
>
> It is likely[1] that both the camera and the MP3 player are both "device"
> types, so they won't acknowledge each other...

FWIW I believe the iAudio hdd mp3 players (their terminology I might
add) do have a host port that facilitates this sort of functionality,
but at the end of the day it is only useful if you are in range of mains
supplied electricity to recharge the mp3 player...

Sean

http://www.cowonglobal.com/ >> HDD mp3 players