Re: [Hampshire] Hidden partitions.

Author: Clive Woodfine
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Hidden partitions.
On 27/11/06, sean gibbins <sean@???> wrote:
> Back on-topic I did an Ubuntu 6.10 install from the live disc onto a
> Dell D600 laptop the other day. High-points included out-of-the-box
> wireless networking, the first time I have ever experienced this I might
> add. The low points included broken DVD playback that required quite
> some faffing to correct - not Ubuntu's fault that one though.

Yes, I was surprised to see my wireless network available from the
Live CD. Another reason for going for Ubuntu is I have bought the book
called Beginning Ubuntu Linux by Keir Thomas. It looks very useful for
someone like me with such sections as how to install and where to get
codecs for playing videos etc.

Clive Woodfine