Re: [Hampshire] WOL on an AOpen AK77-8X Max motherboard

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] WOL on an AOpen AK77-8X Max motherboard

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x583b2100.hantslug.org.uk.30403': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Nov 30 22:28:26 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
Brian Chivers wrote:

> I remember that I had to alter something in the config of the Fedora
> box's I used to use WOL on but the trouble I can't remember what it was
> and I've no longer got the box's to have a look at. I have a distant
> memory that I googled for it and it was something to do with enabling
> suspend in the Fedora config.
>
> This might help
>
> http://ahh.sourceforge.net/wol/faq.html
>
> Sorry that I can't be of more help but it might give you a start :-)

I think it's on the right track. I just can't turn the damn thing off
now. :) It's starting up on it 5 seconds now, which implies it's waking
on /something/. The onboard NIC does use the 8139too driver, which is
listed on that page. Definitely worth some more investigation.

Thanks,

Tony