Re: [Hampshire] WOL on an AOpen AK77-8X Max motherboard

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] WOL on an AOpen AK77-8X Max motherboard
Tony Whitmore <tony@???> wrote:
> Hmm, the power supply is a (IIRC) 450W Quiet PC
> model. No idea how to test what can be pulled
> over the +5VSB lead.

The PSU should have a label, with a table of
supply current through each line. There'll be
entries for +12V, +5V, -5V, etc. and +5Vsb.

> Or even what a +5VSB lead is. (I assume it's
> one of the pins in the ATX header.)

Yes, it's "+5V Stand-By", the line that always
supplies power, even when the system is powered
off. You need the mains plug in, obviously, and
any mains switch turned on...

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.