Re: [Hampshire] WOL on an AOpen AK77-8X Max motherboard

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] WOL on an AOpen AK77-8X Max motherboard

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56fd0100.hantslug.org.uk.4467': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Nov 30 21:41:56 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
Alan Pope wrote:

> Dunno if this applies to your mobo too, but the manual for mine (ASUS P5N32-SLI) says:-
>
> Power On by PCI Devices:
>
> "When set to [Enabled], this parameter allows you to turn on the system through a PCI LAN or modem card. This feature requires an ATX power supply that provides at least 1A on the +5VSB lead."
>
> The bit about current on the +5VSB being the bit I'm wondering about.

Hmm, the power supply is a (IIRC) 450W Quiet PC model. No idea how to
test what can be pulled over the +5VSB lead. Or even what a +5VSB lead
is. (I assume it's one of the pins in the ATX header.)

Tony