Re: [Hampshire] WOL on an AOpen AK77-8X Max motherboard

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] WOL on an AOpen AK77-8X Max motherboard
On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 09:16:22PM +0000, Tony Whitmore wrote:
> Evening,
>
> I've been trying to get my AOpen AK77-8X Max motherboard to respond to
> Wake-on-LAN packets. I'm using the onboard Realtek NIC, which sends the
> wake up signal over the PCI bus, rather than the standard WOL cable.
>
> I think I've configured the BIOS settings correctly. WOL and WOP [1]
> (Wake-on-PCI) are enabled, and I've configured the PCI settings to
> monitor all IRQs. The switch LED shows the link is established when the
> box is powered off or in suspend.

Dunno if this applies to your mobo too, but the manual for mine (ASUS P5N32-SLI) says:-

Power On by PCI Devices:

"When set to [Enabled], this parameter allows you to turn on the system through a PCI LAN or modem card. This feature requires an ATX power supply that provides at least 1A on the +5VSB lead."

The bit about current on the +5VSB being the bit I'm wondering about.

Cheers,
Al.