Re: [Hampshire] PDF question

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] PDF question

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56780100.hantslug.org.uk.10931': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Dec 3 17:07:10 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
Cayenne-uk wrote:
> My scanner can create PDFs, both single and multipage. I want to scan in
> some old notes, which I would like in one large PDF document, but there
> are a lot of notes which will need several scanning sessions. Is it
> possible to combine several PDF documents into one larger one? And if it
> can, how can it be done?

The "pdfjam" package (at least, that's what it's called on Debian &
Ubuntu) contains a program called pdfjoin which does exactly what you're
after.

There are a few options in the man page, but basic usage is:
pdfjoin --outfile out.pdf source1.pdf source2.pdf

HTH,

Tony