Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Portable Audio Recording advice sought

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Portable Audio Recording advice sought
On 03/12/06, Philip Stubbs <philip@???> wrote:
> * Philip Stubbs (philip@???) wrote:
> > All suggestions welcome :-)
>
> Thanks for all the suggestions. It looks like one of the portable
> music players with line in would be ideal. Certainly much more
> attractive than the very expensive studio equipment that I was
> looking at.
>
> A minidisc recorder may be a good second choice, but I would still
> have to import the music onto my computer, and the players make that
> really easy with the mass storage device.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> --
> Philip Stubbs

One thing to check with the music players with line in, would be that
they have good enough quality for your needs. If they are anything
like the rubbish quality that laptop line-in/mic inputs are, then you
might be in for an unexpected disappointment. Most laptop mic-in are
extremely noisy, just so the laptop supplier can save on a few
components.

James