[Hampshire] Static IP address keeps changing

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Static IP address keeps changing

I am having a problem with the static IP address on my main debian box since
last weeks bab meeting. At the meeting I had to change from static to dhcp
which Hugo showed me where and how (Thanks Hugo). When I got home I simply
hashed out the lines for gaining a dhcp address and unhashed the static lines
that I had hashed at the bab.

Now twice this week I have found that the box had changed from my required
static address of 192.168.1.74 to 192.168.1.70 can anybody suggest why it is
changing. Prior to the bab meeting there was not a problem. A simple stop
start of the network corrects the problem?

I am running debian testing, a copy of my /etc/network/interfaces is below

Regards

Tim

# The loopback network interface
auto lo