Re: [Hampshire] QTParted and /boot

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] QTParted and /boot
> I am aiming towards having various different partitions and then several
> different distros on the same HD. Purely as an exercise. And one of the
> schemes that I was trying to follow advised practically everything
> separate.

I wouldn't...

If I were you, I'd have a separate /boot, /home, and swap. Then I'd put
everything else for a given installation in one partition. That should
keep the scope of each a little clearer.

You will, of course, lose the potential stability improvements of having a
hard boundary on each of many partitions - but given your stated goal, I
doubt you'll care :-)

Vic.