Re: Fw: [Hampshire] Killer Apps for Linux

Author: Andy
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: Fw: [Hampshire] Killer Apps for Linux
On 10/12/06, Alan Pope <alan@???> wrote:
> An ATM local to me frequently has windows "IP Address already in use"
> errors over the top of the actual application

I would suggest you don't use that ATM. You may want to phone the bank
or the Police. It could be an attack on the system, or it could be
some plonker configured the static IP wrong.

Which bank is responsible for maintaining the machine? So I know not
to use them.

Do ATMs undergo security testing like web servers that handle credit
card transactions, or do the banks take the opinion, 'we know what
we're doing, why test it'?

_ Andy

--
Did you think it should be legal to rip a CD to your PC or MP3 player?
Change the law, sign the petition http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/privatecopy/