Re: Fw: [Hampshire] Killer Apps for Linux

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: adam.trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: Fw: [Hampshire] Killer Apps for Linux
Adam Trickett wrote:

> As Lisi said you are free to choose what you want. Don't go to a join a coffee
> club if you don't like coffee.

Agreed, but I don't think Luis said he didn't like coffee; on the
contrary I think he said he had tried and enjoyed several brands, but
that tea was more popular, easier to get hold of, easier to make, etc.

Whilst the original post did contain troll-like signatures it was only
opinion after all, and I don't think we should be too harsh in our
replies. Better to welcome him in and try to win him over with good
arguments than to lower ourselves to the level we /perceive/ he is
coming from and start a war of words which cannot be won.

Failing that, as with any wind-up, surely the best thing to do is not to
bite, or at least not be seen to bite. A quick look in my trash will
show you the two drafts that I consigned there after deciding it just
wasn't worth it!

For the record, I felt there were a good many decent replies that took
apart the ill-informed statements presented in the original post, so
maybe it was a worthwhile discussion after all?

Sean