Re: [Hampshire] ADSL Modem

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ADSL Modem
* Philip Stubbs (philip@???) wrote:
> I am currently on zen internets Home 500 system. I am thinking of
> upgrading to their 8Mb service for the same price. However, I am not
> sure my old Netgear DM602 is up to the task.
>
> Can anybody provide me with what I need to look for to make sure
> that a ADSL Modem is compatible with these new high speed services.
>
> Thanks in advance.

In case anybody is interested, I have been upgraded. The zen support
page tells me:-
448 8128 Auto 11-Dec-2006 04:03:26

I am downloading the latest knoppix via bittorrent as a test, and it
is rather satisfying seeing 600-700 KB/s download rates. The old
DM602 seems to be doing OK. Will be interesting to see how it
settles down.
--
Philip Stubbs