Re: [Hampshire] Etch freeze

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Etch freeze
On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 18:24:55 +0000
Adam Trickett <adam.trickett@???> wrote:

> I've been running Etch since it came out, and it's now a pretty
> nice version, the last pieces are falling into place and it will be
> an improvement over Sarge. At the moment I've been testing doing a
> Sarge->Etch upgrade using qemu virtual machines[1], and it seems to
> work reasonably well.

and I have been running testing on my server since I set it up
earlier in the year, so it is decision time I think, whether to leave
/etc/apt/sources.list pointing at testing or change to Etch.

On balance I think it might be safest to continue with Etch for a
few months at least as the next testing version is likely to be a bit
unstable as packages get migrated across.

I am happy running unstable on my desktop boxen but the server
contains my genealogy database and I don't want to risk that box
falling over.

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application