Re: [Hampshire] GP2X experience

Author: John Cooper
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] GP2X experience
Vic wrote:
> ...Although not as bad as Wikipedia has it.
>
> http://svn.gp2x.com/gp2x/tag/kernel/2.1.x has the source for kernel 2.1
> (although WP says it hasn't been released). I haven't checked enough to
> know if the i2c stuff is still missing. The mplayer stuff appears to be at
> http://svn.gp2x.com/gp2x/tag/application/2006.07.05/mplayer/
>
> Vic.

The Makefile (http://svn.gp2x.com/gp2x/tag/kernel/2.1.x/Makefile) lists
i2c.o but it isn't in the drivers directory.

DRIVERS-$(CONFIG_I2C) += drivers/i2c/i2c.o

I waited for version 2 of the firmware and it works reasonably well but
decided not to bulk buy them due to lack of legal software (there are
plenty of games roms around but I couldn't package them with the gp2x).
I now use the Arcos PMA400 (430 with 30GB harddrive) which is better for
video, though not as good for games.

John.

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk