Re: [Hampshire] OT - (Linux) Media Centres not in UK yet - a…

Author: alan c
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OT - (Linux) Media Centres not in UK yet - anyone?
Jacqui Caren wrote:
> alan c wrote:
>> I have just discovered what looks like something I would like to buy,
>> just on the market, but only yet in usa. It was discussed on linux
>> action show in november - it is all still very new. Obvious, but new.
>
> There was a company building "stereo cases" for PC's a good few years
> back. Also IIRC a company in the states were building wooden cases for
> PC's for losta dosh.
>
>> www.tvease.net
>> http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/tvease/StoreFront
>
> I quote "80GB ... more than enough".
>
> Hell we have nearly 1 TeraByte and this is nowhere near enough - we are
> replacing "tiny" 80 and 120GB drives with 400 or 500GBs as cash becomes
> available. If like us you want to watch a series or two and you end up
> eating disk.

yes I know.
they are keeping the price right down for the low end units. Their top
unit currently is 1TB.

They also have a so called tivo-killer planned, very low price.
I would still really love a 500MB Hannibal. I just do not have time
and effort to make up a unit myself, and anyway it would not look
different to a PC, and it would have to look a bit like a hifi.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391