[Hampshire] Booting from a Compact Flash card

Author: Brian Chivers
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Booting from a Compact Flash card
I've got KioskCD setup on a CD as I'd like it and what I'd like to do is copy / move this to a
Compact Flash card running off a CF to IDE convertor and boot from this.

I've had a read and there seems to be loads out there but all seem to be slightly different and some
even conflicting :-( The issue seems to be how to "prep" the drive to get it to boot. I have the CD
image as an ISO so what I need to do is mount it and copy it to the drive, this I think I can do.

Has anyone on the list done this sort of thing and if so would like to share how to do it.

Thanks
Brian

                the views of Portsmouth College