Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Peter Gutmann on Vista Content Protecti…

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Peter Gutmann on Vista Content Protection
James Courtier-Dutton <james.dutton@???>

Vic <lug@???> wrote:
> That's not the issue.
>
> What happens if the hardware manufacturers
> implement it?

Indeed.

The article covers other side effects for open
source in the section "Elimination of Open-source
Hardware Support".

If, as John says, a lot of these features are
implemented, and the majority of PC users accept
them, I can see Jamie's market share expanding.

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.