Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Disks

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Disks
On 23/12/06, Rob Malpass <rob@???> wrote:

> > You need to add something like the following line to your fstab
> >
> > /dev/hdb1 /mnt ext3 defaults 0 0
> >
> > This assumes that you have a partition on hdb called hdb1 you want to
> > mount
> > the disk under /mnt and it has the ext3 file system on the partion.
> >
> Thanks Tim - that's done the trick.

Oo err - that way /mnt will end up 'containing' whatever is on that
hdb disk but it won't be available for anything else you might want to
put under /mnt (cdrom,usb,... - although I'm a bit behind nowadays as
to what gets put under /mnt and what under /media).

I'd be inclined to say "mkdir /mnt/disk2" or something and then
replace Tim's /mnt with /mnt/disk2 . That way you can still mount
other things under /mnt if you need to later.