Re: [Hampshire] Getting Ubuntu 6.06 to recognise the Freecom…

Author: Cayenne-uk
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Getting Ubuntu 6.06 to recognise the Freecom DVB USB stick
On 24/12/06, Sean Gibbins <sean@???> wrote:

> Cayenne-uk wrote:
>
> > Oh &*^%$%^ ! This USB stick has been behaving itself perfectly for the
> > last month, and now it has reverted to not starting when Linux does! The
> > firmware is still in /lib/firmware/, and I have even downloaded a later
> > version of it.
> >
> > Any ideas why it is refusing to play?
>
> Kernel update?
>
> Sean

Not as far as I know... Unless it has anything to do with downloading a new
driver for the Intel ipw2200. This required a 'make install'. I don't know
if this would have affected the kernel! The trouble is that in my attempts
to learn Linux, I have installed and re-installed a number of packages, and
have been fiddling a lot with the system. Mostly innocuous stuff unlikely to
do damage and also a lot of fumbling about in the dark. Hence it is
difficult to tell what could have upset the status quo.

Anyway, it would be nice to have it working again, so any help would be
gratefully received.

Kelvin