Re: [Hampshire] pany probs with jobs

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] pany probs with jobs

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5701e100.hantslug.org.uk.24148': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Dec 30 21:59:41 2006 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Tony Whitmore wrote:
>> Job adverts are usually welcome as long as they are based in Hampshire
>> or surrounding counties, stick to the normal list rules and are only
>> sent once.
>
> Why's that then Tony? I say advertise the job once and abide by the
> rules, but scrub the bit about bordering counties. Unless of course
> someone has a good reason for excluding other counties _and_ countries
> that eludes my admittedly small and confused brain.

Mainly because advertising jobs that aren't commutable from Hampshire
would be a waste of everyone's time. (Assuming they aren't teleworking
jobs.) If people want to cast their net nationally, or are offering
salaries that people might relocate for, that's why the Linux jobs list
exists.

IMHO, of course.

Tony