Re: [Hampshire] pany probs with jobs

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] pany probs with jobs
Tony Whitmore wrote:
> Sean Gibbins wrote:
>
>> Tony Whitmore wrote:
>>
>>> Job adverts are usually welcome as long as they are based in Hampshire
>>> or surrounding counties, stick to the normal list rules and are only
>>> sent once.
>>>
>> Why's that then Tony? I say advertise the job once and abide by the
>> rules, but scrub the bit about bordering counties. Unless of course
>> someone has a good reason for excluding other counties _and_ countries
>> that eludes my admittedly small and confused brain.
>>

> Mainly because advertising jobs that aren't commutable from Hampshire
> would be a waste of everyone's time. (Assuming they aren't teleworking
> jobs.) If people want to cast their net nationally, or are offering
> salaries that people might relocate for, that's why the Linux jobs list
> exists.
>
> IMHO, of course.

Fair enough, although I am not sure I agree with you.

I personally have no objections to reading about interesting work in any
area, and if it gets someone from the list into a better job then so
much the better. I guess it is it fair to say that if it is not strictly
Linux (i.e. it is for a Unix SA or a Java application developer) or not
local then it needs an [OT] tag, then everybody's happy.

Sean