Re: [Hampshire] Probs with Ubuntu not seeing network on Acer…

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Probs with Ubuntu not seeing network on Acer T180
On 04/01/07, Alan Pope <alan@???> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 22:30 +0000, Hugo Mills wrote:
> >    It's probably simply that the hardware's too new for the Ubuntu
> > kernel, and the driver isn't recognising it. Building a more recent
> > kernel would be the best solution. I don't know if there's a backport
> > of (say) a 2.6.19 kernel for Ubuntu out there -- Alan will probably
> > say.

> There is not [0].

> Worth a go if you're feeling brave.

eep.
dunno if I am up for that level of game just now.
I suppose I could get away with whipping a nice olde NIC from an older
box and just leaving the SKY one unused; might be the simplest option.
But Acer have put 'Warranty void if removed' seals on the case, d*mmit
- so maybe we do have a go with Feisty after all. OTOH I would
probably be opening the box sometime anyway, just wasn't planning to
just yet... gah. hates making decisions.

thanks all,

victor