Re: [Hampshire] Probs with Ubuntu not seeing network on Acer…

Top Page
Author: Alan Pope
To: victor, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Probs with Ubuntu not seeing network on Acer T180

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57a1c100.hantslug.org.uk.29415': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Jan 5 00:16:24 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 1E38DD6257A4363C
On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 23:19 +0000, Victor Churchill wrote:
> eep.
> dunno if I am up for that level of game just now.
> I suppose I could get away with whipping a nice olde NIC from an older
> box and just leaving the SKY one unused; might be the simplest option.
> But Acer have put 'Warranty void if removed' seals on the case, d*mmit
> - so maybe we do have a go with Feisty after all. OTOH I would
> probably be opening the box sometime anyway, just wasn't planning to
> just yet... gah. hates making decisions.

USB network card? USB Wireless card (after checking it's supported - and
assuming you have an access point). They're probably easier to move on
later too.

Cheers,
Al.