Potential Libranet Replacement (was: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN]…

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Potential Libranet Replacement (was: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] _no_ meeting next weekend)
hantslug@??? wrote:
>> Of course if it works under WINE (which will also be somewhat old on
>> Libranet 3) then we don't need QEMU.
>>

> Yes - the time is coming when I shall have to stop using Libranet. :-( I have
> even tried to update 3 to Etch (on a non-critical m/c, of course) - but
> surprise, surprise, it crashed. I might try again when Etch is released,
> just in case it crashed from a bug, but I don't really believe that....
> [snip]

Hi Lisi,

Having used Libranet for a couple of releases (2.7 & 2.8) I'd say that
the natural replacement would be, surprise surprise, Ubuntu. In fact, I
think I picked up on the first Ubuntu release as the Libranet project
started to wind down, finding that it shared a great deal with Libranet
(not least its Debian heritage of course), including ease installation
and ease of use, as well as active forums among other things.

Sean