Re: [Hampshire] Firewire external HDD

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Firewire external HDD

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007, Chris Aitken wrote:

> I'll wait to see when work will send me to the US before buying.

I was fairly disappointed by how little the price difference was between
the US and the UK when I was in California in November.

In the past I've seen significant saving by buying while in the US, but
this time despite the strength of sterling (or more exactly the weakness of
the dollar) the price differential wasn't enough to tempt me to buy
abroad.

It's true I was comparing store prices in the US with online prices in the
UK, and California isn't a cheap state in general, but when you are only
saving 5 or 10 percent (on items costing less than 100 UKP) its hardly
worth the possible hassles of buying abroad IMO.

Andy