Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Nokia 770 - Drool Drool

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Nokia 770 - Drool Drool

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Samuel Penn wrote:

> On Monday 08 January 2007 16:43, Fintan Gaughan wrote:
> > How much does it cost.. I would imagine going online would be expensive!

Prices on the 770 seem to be around 250 UKP (maybe slightly less) but may
drop now a new model has been announced.

As for costs of being online, that really depends on how you do it.

> Anyway, the new version - N800 - is now out (sort of):

It's officially announced now, at least for the US market

http://www.nokiausa.com/N800/

> The real limitation is that it only uses WiFi, so can only be used
> where there's a hotspot.

It has bluetooth as well so can work with a suitable GPRS/3G phone, though
there were reports the 770 had problems working with some (non Nokia)
phones.

Andy