Re: [Hampshire] Debian Etch and Synaptic? Mark II

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Debian Etch and Synaptic? Mark II

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x58257100.hantslug.org.uk.30373': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Jan 11 14:41:55 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 02:31:15PM +0000, Jim Kissel wrote:
> I'm trying to build a Debian system that will fix into 512M flash
> card.

And it needs to run metacity and nautilus?

It's been a while since I installed Debian in any way other than
debootstrap so I don't know how finely one can tune the installation
process. My Debian Etch image is about 150MB compressed and without
kernel, so you should be OK.

So, if you can't find an easier way, I suggest booting off alive cd
and doing a debootstrap.

Cheers,
Andy

--
http://strugglers.net/wiki/Xen_hosting -- A Xen VPS hosting hobby
Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB

My words are my own and do not represent Jacqui Caren.