Re: [Hampshire] Debian Etch and Synaptic? Mark II

Author: Graham Bleach
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Debian Etch and Synaptic? Mark II
On 11/01/07, Jim Kissel <jlk@???> wrote:
> Now I don't know much about building a distro, but I fail to understand
> why nautilus/metecity/gnome/xorg needs to have a 'C' pre-processor
> installed. Any offers?

# aptitude install apt-rdepends

$ apt-rdepends metacity

Lots of output reveals that libidl0, an indirect dependency of
metacity, requires a C pre-processor, mcpp on my ubuntu system.

I should warn you that apt-rdepends requires nearly 400KB of disk space.

I've heard that the twm user experience is quite good ;)
Alternatively, 4GB compact flash cards retail for about £50.

Things have obviously moved on a bit since my last Debian install if
Gnome is included in the base install.