Re: [Hampshire] [OT] velodrome track bike needed

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] velodrome track bike needed
On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:58:08 -0000 (GMT)
"Damian Brasher" <lug@???> wrote:

> Even though I spend an awful lot of time at the keyboard a big guy
> like me needs exercise. I used to road race and time trial years
> ago and have booked myself into the velodrome at Calshot for a
> refresher course.

I don't have a track bike these days but the track at Calshot is real
fun. If you haven't been before the tight bends at each end and the
steep banking are scary!!

I think you can hire bikes there but since it is a few years
since I was last rode that track I could be wrong.

There is also an open air track in Southampton in the Sports Centre,
used by the local Track League which also used Poole Park Track
until that became unusable. The track at Soton was also used for
start/finish of cyclo-cross events in the Park - National
championships held there last weekend I think

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application