Re: [Hampshire] [OT] velodrome track bike needed

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] velodrome track bike needed
John Lewis wrote:

> I don't have a track bike these days but the track at Calshot is real
> fun. If you haven't been before the tight bends at each end and the
> steep banking are scary!!

Not to worry - there are a few on E-Buy. I reckon the slopes are less
scary than juggernauts.

> I think you can hire bikes there but since it is a few years
> since I was last rode that track I could be wrong.

Your right, I can hire a bike but as I used to race I would like to setup
my position properly but will borrow one from Calshot to start off with.

> There is also an open air track in Southampton in the Sports Centre,
> used by the local Track League which also used Poole Park Track
> until that became unusable. The track at Soton was also used for
> start/finish of cyclo-cross events in the Park - National
> championships held there last weekend I think

The track at Southampton seems to have disappeared and made into a running
track only.

Thanks for the info...

Damian B

--