[Hampshire] Setting default netcard in eduduntu

Author: Brian Chivers
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Setting default netcard in eduduntu
I've setup a test server to run edubuntu so I can try it with thin clients and the box has 2
netcards. Eth0 is a gigabyte card that I've set as 10.0.0.1/255.0.0.0 and this is the card that I
want the thin clients to connect to.

Eth1 is a 10/100 card set as 192.168.0.40/255.255.0.0 and this is connected to our normal network to
give internet access and so that I can admin it from my machine.

If I deactivate Eth0 then everything is fine and the server will update OK and access the web but if
I activate Eth0 I lose internet connectivity as it's trying to use Eth0 as it's using this as the
default interface and it all goes wrong :-(

What have I missed ??

Thanks
Brian

                the views of Portsmouth College