Fwd: [Hampshire] Meeting comments

Author: Cayenne-uk
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Fwd: [Hampshire] Meeting comments
I enjoyed this meeting. It had a nice buzz - being busy, but not too crowded
imho. And I liked the coffee too!

I would prefer a separate room dedicated for talks as at Soton. Perhaps the
smaller of the two rooms, if it has on OHP, would be best to use, so that
the bigger room can be used to spread out all the boxes we bring? I doubt if
this would work with the numbers we had on Sat though!

I agree with the comments about meet & greeting. Someone on the door would
have been, useful especially as a few people were unable to get back for a
while in at Lunch Time. I'm not a big fan of badges, but it would have been
useful in this case. I only know a few of the Hants Luggers as it is, so I
was unsure who was Hants or Surrey.

Aldershot is a good venue, but I prefer Soton for its facilities and
locality. I have only been to one Aldershot meeting as bi-monthly meetings
are sufficient for me at the moment. I would be inclined to attend more
joint meetings though, as it was definately worth it. How about holding 2-3
away trips per year? (Not counting hosting other groups "at home").

Kelvin