Re: [Hampshire] Editing DVD content?

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Editing DVD content?
> I know you're talking about DVB recordings, but should there be a similar
> eissue with DVD content? Surely there's a much lower error rate on a DVD
> disc and there shouldn't be sync issues?

Strictly speaking, there's a similar issue; both schemes require their a
and V streams to be synchronised.

The big difference is that DVD uses the Program Stream [sic] format,
whereas DVB is Transport Stream. This means that DVDs can use
variable-length packeting, so the streams can be pretty-much synchronised
as they come off the disk; DVB, on the other hand, will tend to have gert
buffers that need to be resynchronised.

So yes - sync issues tend to be minimised on PS sources.

Vic.