Re: [Hampshire] Editing DVD content?

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Editing DVD content?

I havwe a new avidemux (avidemux2) downloaded, apparently dependency
satisfied and built a few days ago. Early attemps look promissing, but I
get a couple of problem that someone may or may not be able to hint at.

When I try to open .vob files from a DVD, it fails to open one, which
when I run file on it, is alegedly a "Raw G3 dat, byte paded" (IIRC)
file, which is, I think a Fax file. Most other video tools play it.

When I try to play the other files, I get a "Trouble initialising audio
device" (again IIRC) pop-up.

Has anyone met these and has a pointer? My usual problem .. spirit
willing but at the end of 30+ hours of intensive work over the weekend,
the body & brain are both stuffed.

TIA,
    Gordon.
--
Gordon Scott                  http://www.gscott.co.uk

        Linux ... Because I like to *get* there today.