Re: [Hampshire] Sending emails

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Sending emails

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57973100.hantslug.org.uk.9122': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Jan 25 10:49:30 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 10:37:14AM +0000, Fintan Gaughan wrote:
> Just wanted to get my head straight.
> do any of you use postfix or you stick with sendmail?

Over the last 10 years I have gone:

sendmail -> qmail -> postfix -> exim

I am completely happy with exim, though sometimes use postfix on
machines that have extremely simple configs (e.g. no local users,
forward everything to smarthost). I would never go back to sendmail
or qmail.

> so when I removed postfix and installed sendmail fetchmail does
> not work
>
> determend to sort it out what settings do I need to change on postfix?

Would need more info than "fetchmail does not work" to speculate.

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB

My words are my own and do not represent Jacqui Caren.