Re: [Hampshire] [OT] OSX and DHCP?

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] OSX and DHCP?

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56ba1100.hantslug.org.uk.8964': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Jan 25 22:30:46 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
Vic wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> Sorry for the OT posting - but I know there are some *nix-aware people
> here :-)
>
> I've got some OSX Macs grabbing IP addresses from a DHCP server. I've also
> got a local DNS server. These are not the same machine (and can't be,
> either).
>
> All the Windows machines on the network automagically update the DNS
> server when they get an address. The Linux machine (mine!) can be told to.
>
> I haven't a clue how to get the Macs to send their details to the DNS
> server :-(

That's a good question. I'll check at work, but I think we have it
working for our Macs. I don't think we did anything client-side either.

Tony