Re: [Hampshire] 22% of Windows Installs Non-Genuine

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] 22% of Windows Installs Non-Genuine

I think quite a few places do/did this .. file the licences and install
discs away safely and just install all systems on the site with the same
disc. Whoops one `Genuine' installation and a couple of dozen
`Non-Genuine'.

The whole situation is stupid.

FWIW, though I know there's a fair bit of piracy, I think quite a lot of
it occurs by who are OK about a ripped-off copy of something, but if
they couldn't get a free ripped-off copy would simply shrug and walk
away. The presumption of the anti-piracy lobbys is that they're losing
vast amounts of business. Maybe so, but I think they're losing _far_
less than they think.

I've never found anything I want that I either didn't find a legal FOSS
equivalent too, or have bought. It does sometimes grieve me that the
bought often only runs on Windoze, though.

G.
--
Gordon Scott                  http://www.gscott.co.uk

        Linux ... Because I like to *get* there today.