Re: [Hampshire] Top ten commands in history

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Top ten commands in history
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 08:43:37 +0000
Alan Pope <alan@???> wrote:

> I've seen this on IRC before but have not seen it mentioned on the
> mailing list. It's just a bit of fun to find out what the most
> common commands are in your history. Neil takes credit for actually
> writing it, I just run it on boxes when bored :)

jayell@benden:~$ history | awk '{print $2}' | sort | uniq -c | sort
-rg | head -n 10
     20 gpg
     11 ssh
      9 scp
      6 sa-learn
      6 exec
      6 VueScan/vuescan
      4 update-menus
      2 ls

or as root
benden:~# history | awk '{print $2}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -rg |
head -n 10
     78 aptitude
     11 gpg
      6 apt-get
      4 ping
      4 modprobe
      4 ls
      3 wodim
      3 man
      3 /etc/init.d/spamassassin
      2 ./vuescan

This shows that I do very little from the command line other than
copy files to/from server/website (ssh and scp) and keep the system
upgraded. This is a newly installed Debian Sid setup so have had to
get lots of gpg sigs and am still training spamassassin.

vuescan is an app that makes use of Tony's Filmscan200

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application