Re: [Hampshire] Top ten commands in history

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Top ten commands in history

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x571f0100.hantslug.org.uk.4176': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Jan 30 13:16:26 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 08:43:37AM +0000, Alan Pope wrote:
> So, what are your top ten commands in the history? What can we learn from this? :)

We learn that my screen sessions aren't logging anthing to
~/.bash_history. Anyone know how I fix that? Last thing in there
is me calling "screen -aAdrU" to re-attach the screen. Ideally I
want all commands from all screen windwos appened to one
.bash_history.

I thought it:

shopt -s histappend

in .bashrc would do this, but obviously not..

If the answer is "switch to zsh", well, maybe it is the impetus I
need..

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB

My words are my own and do not represent Jacqui Caren.